General Class Information
- Classes will be held in person.
- Class size will be limited.
- Six-foot squares will be taped on the floors.
- Students will dance in individual squares to maintain social distancing.
- In more advanced dance and tumbling classes where across the floor work is necessary, only 2 students will be allowed to pass at a time to maintain social distancing.
- All students/parents/guardians must follow the procedures below to ensure the safety of our students and staff. A signed Confirmation of Receipt and Release from Liability Wavier must be submitted before classes begin.
The following procedures allow us to offer a safe and healthy environment for your student while they enjoy classes at Mary Riesenberg’s Studio of Dance. These procedures are based on recommendations provided by the Health Department and CDC.
- The studio will be disinfected each week by Enviro-Masters, a professional cleaning company. All high-touch surfaces, including barre, mats, hooks for bags, restrooms, door handles, floor, etc. will be disinfected. The safe cleaning product used will not only kill any germs/viruses (including COVID-19) it encounters but will also repel them the entire week. For more information please visit the company’s website https://enviro-master.com/commercial-cleaning-services/virus-and-germ-spraying/
- Upon entering the studio all students/staff will be screened. Screening will include a temperature check with a no-touch thermometer and a series of questions. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or higher and/or responding yes to one of the following questions will not be permitted to enter the studio and will be directed to contact their health care provider.
- Do you, or anyone in your immediate family, have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Have you, or anyone in your immediate family, had contact with someone with a confirmed/suspected case of COVID-19?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of taste or smell, headache, vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea?
- Students younger than junior high will need to be escorted by a parent/guardian to the studio door to assist with screening. (If you participate in a carpool please confirm these questions before picking up another child, as you will be responsible to answer these questions for each student you are dropping off at the studio.)
- Students will enter and exit through the studio door where their class is being held.
- No parents or visitors will be permitted in the studio at any time. A staff member will assist with arrival and dismissal so parents/guardians can remain safely outside.
- Mask’s must be worn by parents and students (over the age of 5) during screening. Students (over the age of 5) will be asked to wear masks when entering and exiting the studio, changing shoes, and using the restroom.
- Once a student is in their socially distanced square, they will be permitted to remove their mask. (If you would prefer for your student to keep their mask on while dancing, please sign the document provided along with registration so staff can monitor.)
- Staff will always wear a mask/facial covering while in the studio
- Students will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry and after every shoe change. Sanitizer will be provided by the studio. However, if a student has any allergies or specific hand sanitizing needs, they will need to provide their own.
- Dance bag storage will be distanced to avoid any touching of student items.
- No outside shoes will be permitted on dance floor surfaces.
As we do our best to keep the studio a clean and safe place for students to return each week, we ask our parents/guardians/families to help us with a few things.
- Please do not send a student to class who is feeling ill or displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please report any confirmed/suspected cases of COVID-19 to the studio immediately so we can take necessary steps to ensure safety of all studio students and staff.
- Please try to responsibly follow COVID-19 guidelines shared by the CDC outside of the studio including, but not limited to, social distancing, hand washing, and wearing a mask.
- All students should wear appropriate dance attire to minimize the reduce of sweat transfer. This includes leotards, tights, yoga pants, biker shorts, tank tops, and workout clothing.
- T-shirts will not be permitted during tumbling classes and are discouraged in dance class
- All students should wear appropriate dance shoes (ballet, jazz, tap, etc.), as street shoes will not be permitted on dance floor surfaces.
- All personal items should fit in a student’s dance bag, including their outdoor shoes, water bottle, and coat. No toys/ blankets or other outside items will be permitted in the studio.
- Water bottles should have student’s name marked clearly, to reduce the risk of accidental sharing. (Water bottles will still be sold at the studio ($1 dollar) – a teacher will get the water bottle wearing a pair of gloves and mark the bottle with the student’s name.)
- Encourage students to use the restroom before class. If necessary, a staff member will assist young students wearing a mask and gloves.
- Students are encouraged to change out of their dance clothes immediately after arriving home to reduce the risk of spreading germs. It is also recommended to disinfect shoes between classes.
- Please provide updated and accurate contact information on registration forms. Due to limited space at the studio we will not be able to provide an isolation area. If a student becomes ill or spikes a fever during class, we will need to be able to reach a parent/guardian immediately to pick up.